MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE MEDICAL FACULTY OF THE PRIVATE INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION “International European University”:
- training of highly qualified specialists for the health care system of Ukraine and abroad by providing educational services of good quality, adhering to high standards in teaching, scientific and professional activity;
- development of basic and applied science in the field of medicine and pharmacy, provision of high-tech medical care and development of new diagnostic and medical technologies for the needs of the national health care system;
- creation of conditions for students for self-development, self-realization and spiritual search, which is the key to the formation of highly educated, free, democratic and nationally conscious specialists.
The activities of the Faculty of Medicine are realized through:
- continuity of learning, research and treatment;
- ensuring competitiveness through high quality assurance;
- creating of competency-based education programs according to the levels of the National Qualifications Framework;
- providing a unified approach to the development of an educational and professional program, taking into account professional standards, defining criteria for assessing professional competences, terms and procedure for confirming the doctor’s qualifications;
- ensuring an independent and objective assessment of the physician’s qualifications;
- scientifically and methodologically proved analysis of labor market needs and prospects of medical industry development in the process of academic policy development;
- promoting, due to organization of educational process, the acquisition of professional qualification by students;
- compliance of the educational-professional program with international classifications and standards of higher medical education;
- accessibility of all forms and types of educational services provided by the University;
- equality of conditions for each subject of education in full realization of his/her abilities, talent, comprehensive development;
- interconnection with foreign medical educational and scientific institutions;
- integration of education and science in the process of educational activity of the University.
The main forms of the educational process:
- practical classes (including the classes on clinical bases);
- laboratory works;
- professionally oriented trainings.
The peculiarity of the training of future specialists is bilingual training – the training is provided in Ukrainian and English languages.
Practical training is carried out both in the specialized offices of the University and in the clinical bases with which the cooperation agreements are concluded.
Clinical-based classes are aimed at capturing applicants, including foreigners and stateless persons, new methods of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients, use of medical instruments, equipment. The clinical base is equipped with modern medical equipment.
The Clinical Base of the Private Institution of Higher Education “International European University” is the Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №5 under the terms of the cooperation agreement. The clinical base according to the given schedule of classes provides carrying out of practical classes on courses:
- internal medicine;
- obstetrics and gynecology;
- infectious diseases;
- anesthesiology and intensive care;
- epidemiology and principles of evidence-based medicine;
- traumatology and orthopedics;
During the course students of the Private Institution of Higher Education “International European University” have the opportunity to directly use the modern equipment of the clinic (see Annex No. 2 to the cooperation agreement) and to apply theoretical knowledge in practice.
The equipment of the clinical bases meets the requirements of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
The training program takes into account:
- training of family doctors (general practitioners) who are able to receive specialized multidisciplinary training in the providing of the primary health care to family members;
- training of the future physicians for telemedicine, which is one of the priority areas of the modern industry, a set of actions, technologies that are used in the provision of medical assistance using remote communication in the form of electronic messaging.
MODERN MATERIAL AND TECHNICAL RESOURCES
Area of educational premises for educational process in specialty 222 “Medicine” of the Private Institution of Higher Education “International European University” is 3506,0 square meters, including the premises for the applicants’ occupation.
To ensure the quality of the educational process in the specialty 222 “Medicine” of the field 22 “Health” of the Master’s degree the laboratories and special offices are created.
Based on the requirements of modern educational technologies, the use of computer equipment and applications is being stead